Most people suffer from different types of headaches in different situations, it might be due to dehydration, less sleep or too much stress, but if you experience a headache more than a day or two then you might be facing chronic daily headaches, this different types of headaches and causes includes different headaches but specifically chronic headache is referred to long-lasting headaches. Chronic headaches usually lead to aggression, losing focus in daily life work and affects body functions like eyesight.
according to a definition, a chronic daily headache is usually 15 days or sometimes it may be more than a month. There is a different type of chronic headaches, headaches that last more than 4 hours is considered to be a long-lasting headache, they are:
- Daily a persistent headache
- A chronic migraine
- Chronic tension-type headache
- Hemicrania Continua
Daily persistent headache
This types of headaches can be experienced by anyone, even people who don’t have a headache history. There are various reasons for this type headache and usually, this type of a headache comes suddenly. The symptoms of daily persistent headache are:
- It affects both sides of the head at the same time.
- In this type of a headache, you might experience the feel of tightening and pressing.
- Its pain is usually moderate.
- It might have migraine type headache.
A chronic migraine
This is different types of headaches, which is usually experienced by those who has a migraine history. Chronic migraine usually has these symptoms:
- You may feel throbbing
- It may affect one or both side of the head
- Pain may be moderate or severe sometimes
- It may give a feeling of vomiting
- You might experience sensitivity to different sound and light
Chronic tension-type headache
- This type of a headache mostly affects head from both the sides.
- It may cause you moderate pain.
- The feeling of this pain is tightening around the head or in the pain areas.
This types of a headache:
- Mostly affects only one side.
- They tend to occur daily without any gap, the continues pain may affect your eye-sight as well.
- Usually, its pain is moderate but may cause sudden hikes covering the specific area of your head.
- Can lead to severe migraine pain if not taken care.
- You may notice running nose, redness in eye(s) eyelid drooping and a feeling of restlessness.
Causes of daily chronic headaches may be difficult to define because it varies from person to person, there are many factors which contributes to headaches. A chronic pain is usually unidentifiable, instead of ordering painkillers from online shopping websites we recommend you visit your family doctor who may know your medical history, your family doctor may be able to identify the cause behind a headache.
These might be the condition of chronic headaches:
- Brain tumor
- Head injury
- Heat stroke
Things to do which will help ease your chronic headaches:
- Do not overdose medicine and always take medicines prescribed by your doctor.
- Sleep enough to relax your mind, sleeping at good hours is very important you should be sleeping at right time and wake up early morning for exercise.
- Avoid anything that causes stress.
- Don’t skip meals and drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.